Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It's time!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Ok, I'm sad to inform you that I need to lose........50lbs. I think most people who look at me don't see that. But that is what I need to lose to be at my average weight. I look at that number and think it's unreachable. But I've seen so many people, people who are close to me, do it. I can do it! So today, I bought a treadmill. I have no excuses now! If it's cold, rainy, too hot, doesn't matter. I can get on the treadmill and run, walk, jog, whatever.

My idea of a good workout is running. I don't run however! So in order to build up my endurance a friend of mine told me to try the "Couch to 5K" approach. You can find it all over the web, on facebook, or download the app to your phone. I think you can even download it to your ipod too. It's a gradual training method to get you up off the couch and running a 5k in 6 weeks. Not only will this be fun to try, but I see some of that 50 lbs slowly melting off if I can do this! So that is my goal.

I promised my husband that I would not use my treadmill to hang clothes on, so I'm hoping to stay motivated!!! Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment