Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Decorating with fabric

Friday, July 22, 2011

I've been wanting to decorate with fabric for a long time. It seems, though, that when I go to the craft stores I veer towards paper products versus fabric. I'll have to make a pit stop next time I'm shopping and pick up a few fun pieces. I found this video on you tube, she has a few great ideas. One thing I thought about trying, only because you can usually nab some on clearance and they can be seasonal as well, is stretching cloth napkins, making them into wall art. But, I did pick up some embroidery hoops for just a couple bucks at a garage sale, now I need to find bright, fun, preferably Owl, fabric to stretch over them for a cute decoration in Tatumn's room. One thing she says on the video at the end is that you can hang your fabric covered cork in your bathroom and hang pictures on it. I however, wouldn't hang pictures I would tack up my necklaces and possibly earrings. I think that would serve a purpose and be unique. Take a look at the video, hopefully it will inspire you as it did me!

No comments:

Post a Comment