Monday, August 8, 2011

50 Love Rules.....briefly noted

Monday June 27, 2011

So I was reading an old issue of Glamour this afternoon and came across this article titled "50 Love Rules Every Woman Should Live By"....found it fascinating and thought I would share a few blips!

For single ladies, here you go:

"If he says he isn't ready for a relationship, believe him!"
"Marry someone you want to sit next to the rest of your life."
"Don't be with a stupid man just to be with any man!" (love this!)
"You don't want to be walked over, and you don't want a man you can walk over either."
"If he likes you, you'll know. If he doesn't, you'll be 'confused.'"
"Never marry a man who has no friends."
"Personal hygiene is part of the package." (haha)


For the married ladies:

"Let there be spaces in your togetherness."
"An older woman told me something that stayed with me. I asked her how she stayed married so long. Her reply, 'We never both fell out of love at the same time.' I love that, because no matter how much we want to deny it, there are times we want to throw our boyfriends or husbands overboard- and vice versa. But as long as someone is trying, then you can make it!"
"My nonna always told my mom, who then passed the advice onto me: 'Don't talk to me about the fights you have with your husband. Because then you guys solve it in the bedroom, and the next day I'm still mad." (Oh so very, very true!)
"Whenever you're wrong, admit it; whenever you're right, shut up."
"An orgasm a day keeps the doctor away." :)
"Having a good sense of humor is imperative. At some point, the sparks are just embers, so you need someone you can laugh with."
"When things are going poorly with your kids, you don't put them on the doorstep and say 'See ya later.' The same goes for your spouse. It's not all bliss, but commitment is what love is about."

Just a few things to think about!

-Court

No comments:

Post a Comment