Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dumpster Divas

Wednesday May 25, 2011

Everyone has been watching the new show Extreme Couponing so I'm sure you have seen the lady who goes through dumpsters to get coupons. I have to say it's a great idea. It's not like you are digging through garbage, it's just newspaper. So Laurie and I thought we would give it a try. Laurie was at the recycling center one day dropping off some cardboard and she happened to think of the show and peeked in the newspaper dumpster. She saw a bunch of shoppers that were still bound together with their plastic twine. She called me and I met her there. We had one problem, we couldn't reach them. So I put Turner in there and he hoisted them up to us. Ha! It sounds bad, but really it wasn't. He told me it was the best day ever! Typical boy! Anyhow, obviously shoppers don't have coupons but we figured we would check it out just to be sure. Well we scored! In each shopper were coupons to McDonalds. Buy one get ones and free frozen lemonades! We had about 200 coupons. We were so excited. Laurie was excited for the buy one get one free oatmeal that she loves and I was excited about the free lemonades that were going to be a hit with the kids! And they were! We have used so many coupons it was worth the embarrassment of "dumpster diving". We shared the coupons with whoever we came across and everyone was excited about our first find, yes first, we have went on to find even better deals that others thought to be just garbage!





No comments:

Post a Comment