Wednesday, May 18, 2011

soup can bread

Tuesday May 10, 2011

The other day while talking to some moms at Turner's preschool I found out that you can make bread in soup cans. I bet some of you are thinking you can't believe I didn't know that, but I know a few of you are thinking it's just as cool as I did. I can't wait to try it! Start saving those cans. You can make mini loaves of assorted bread and since they are cute and little, you can wrap them in saran wrap while tying the ends up with fun ribbon. Or you can use a coffee can and make bigger loaves. I think I want to try to make muffins in the little cans that mushrooms come in. I know a muffin tin is way easier, but it seems like a fun thing to do with the kids. I can't wait to try it!

*Make your bread batter.
Coat your cans with non-stick spray before filling 1/2 to 2/3 full of batter. Bake at 350-degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before sliding bread onto a rack to finish cooling. Wrap the mini-round loaves in plastic wrap leaving extra wrap on the ends to tie up with curly ribbon for a festive gift. If you have extra batter after filling your cans, make muffins. Grease the tins and fill cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350-degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until test done.




Enjoy,

-Court

No comments:

Post a Comment