Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Sunday May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommas out there! Today was like any other day really, nothing special. But that's ok, I didn't mind. It's funny actually, I always want a day to do absolutely nothing, no plans, just go with the flow. But on a day like today, I get it and I feel like I should be doing something extravagant. :) Instead, Ben surprised me with a mocha from Caribou, made me breakfast and gave me a nice card. Tatumn made me a little clay bowl at school, which is darling and perfect for collecting my spare change. Turner was really upset that he didn't make me anything, so he whispered to Ben that he was going to "give mommy a massage".....I'm sorry to say, I'm still waiting for that! :) I taught my Sunday school kids, cleaned my house, had pie and coffee with my mom and sister and spent the rest of the day at home. Ben helped a buddy of his move, so he was gone most of the day, but he did bring home a special treat for us. NEW BIKES! He's been really wanting them and was going to buy some on Craigslist for $200 but I told him we didn't need them. Good thing, just a few weeks later, here we are with 2 nice bikes for free! Hoping to hit the trails this summer and spend some family time outdoors! I'm extra thankful on this day to be a mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment