Sunday, May 15, 2011

50 Task Journal

Tuesday May 3, 2011

It all started with a bet. One of my daycare kids had told me that he didn't believe I could do 100 things in a day. I said, "You don't want to make that bet, I can do sooooo much in 1 day!" So we bet $1. Good thing too, because I lost. I started around 7:30 a.m. I took a sheet of notebook paper and listed 1-100. I wrote down each time I switched the laundry, put away clean clothes, washed dishes, cleaned anything, ran an errand, made a meal, etc. At bedtime I was only at 68. I was exhausted, I had gone non stop since I woke up that day, my house was spotless and I was at a loss as to what to do next. I gave up and crashed for the night.

But because of this "bet" I not only was $1 poorer, but I was convinced that if I had a goal to reach every day, I would be more organized, get more dreaded tasks done, and my house would remain clean! So I whipped out a notebook, jazzed it up a bit and named it the 50 Task Journal. Every day, I challenge myself to do at least 50 things. Some of you might think this sounds easy, it's harder than you would think. But it's also a lot of fun. Dusting becomes a "one step closer to reaching my goal" rather than the dreaded sneeze fest it usually is.

Try it, you will be amazed as to what you can do. Even if it is cleaning out the junk drawer, organizing your utensil drawer, changing the sheets, filling up with gas, running the kids to daycare, etc. Right down everything.....chances are at the end of a very busy day, you may not even be at 50!

Have fun!

-Court

No comments:

Post a Comment