Saturday, April 9, 2011

My wall of quotes

Thursday April 7, 2011


Maybe it's the scrapper in me, I'm not sure, whatever it is, I'm obsessed with quotes. Quotes that mean something to ME! As a mom, a wife, a girl, a daughter, etc. Quotes that make me think, life is what you make it, so stop feeling sorry for yourself. Or quotes that make me realize I'm very lucky to have my kids and husband and to appreciate them more than I do.

I can spend hours finding fun quotes online, in books, cutting them out of magazines, pretty much wherever I can find them. I have piles of them laying here and there. I decided to take those piles and make a quote wall to inspire me in my scrapping room.

Just looking at it makes me happy, not because it's a beautiful piece of artwork, because, trust me, it's not. But because I can read one thing on that board and instantly perk up a bit or be inspired to get creative and for me, that's what I love, being creative. And I feel most of them make you strive to be a better person. I have a little wooden plaque in my bathroom that says, BE SOMEONES MOMENT. I seen it and had to have it. How awesome is that, 3 words and it makes you realize you can do something little or big for someone else each day and you could brighten their day!




Some of my favorite quotes I have on my wall are the following:

"We should all do what, in the long run, gives us joy, even if it is only picking grapes or sorting laundry." - E.B. White

"The most important thing she'd learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one." - Jill Churchill

"Kids occasionally need space. Adults occasionally need martinis. Don't mess with a system that works!"

"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." -Tenneva Jordan

"Be pretty if you can, be witty if you must, but be gracious if it kills you."

"Faith is believing that one of two things will happen, she said, That there will be something solid for you to stand on or that you will be taught to fly."

"I have six granddaughters. They're all beautiful. They don't think so. One doesn't like her nose, one thinks her stomach isn't flat enough, one thinks her hair is too flat. The list goes on. The only one who doesn't complain about her looks is the baby. She hasn't learned to yet. She's two. I can identify with my granddaughters. I started a list of things that were wrong with me a long time ago. And I kept adding to it. During my life, I've spent thousands of dollars on my hair, my makeup, and my clothes, trying to look prettier, because I grew up believing that pretty girls had happier lives. I'd be a lot happier now if I had that time and that money back."

"Every excuse is a choice to fail."

"When something bad happens you have 3 choices. You can let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you."

"Before you talk, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try."

"Everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay, it's not the end."

"Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry."

"Wealth consists not in having great possessions but in having few wants."

"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself." -Anna Quindlen

"Dull women have immaculate homes."

"You aren't wealthy until you have something money can't buy."

No comments:

Post a Comment