Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hoppy Easter!

Sunday April 24, 2011

Wow, it was an early morning at our house! It's pretty sad to have to tell your kiddo to go back to bed on Easter morning, but 4 a.m., come on! Thankfully she went back to bed until 6. Once she found her basket she had to go wake up the little guy. He found his basket and together they dug in. I LOVE watching their eyes light up when looking at all their goodies, although I must say it's starting to feel a little like Xmas!

After baskets we put on our Easter Best and headed to church. We were excited to have friends of ours join us this year! The kids couldn't wait for church to be over so they could go out to Grandma's house for Easter. It was a delicious lunch, I wish my mom could cook for us everyday, it always tastes better when she makes it. Last year, Heidi did an Easter egg hunt for the kids, but since she was laid up due to surgery, Tiff and I did one. We hid 28 eggs for each kid. That is a total of......140 eggs (missing Zoe this year). Not sure who had more fun, me or the kids! Minor injury, Hunter got stung by a bee. Better than when I was a kid when 1 kid usually ended up with a ball to the face and stitches!

The kids dug into their baskets from Grandma & Grandpa and then we had to attend Lucky the chick's funeral. As we all walked down the driveway to the burial site (while we were finding eggs, Ben dug a hole next to Tazy boy's grave) we had to chuckle. My sister pointed out that I was dressed in all black, dress & all, I figured I should have purchased a little veil! ;) Hey, if we are going to bury a chick, we had better do it in style. I mean the little guy was going down in an Oakley case for crying out loud! We said our little prayers, Tatumn laid some flowers on the grave and we said our goodbyes to Lucky.

The kids hopped on 4 wheelers and took a few rides to the creek and back. When it was time to go, of course there were melt downs, but they were short lived.

I think, even with a funeral, it was an EXCELLENT Easter! Hope yours was too!

-Court










No comments:

Post a Comment