Monday, April 25, 2011

25 Fun things to do with your girl friends

Thursday April 21, 2011

I love getting together with my friends. Tonight Christina, Jamie & I got together at Christina's house for a supper date. Christina made us quesidilla burgers. They were delicious. I enjoyed our night. It's nice to be able to hang out even when we have little ones totting around.

I know I have mentioned my 365 lists before but I am always trying to come up with fun new things to do with my friends. It usually ends up being the same old scrap booking, movie theater, dinner, etc. But I do enjoy those things so that is probably why. However, I would like to do some fun things this spring/summer with my girl friends. So, I scrolled the 365 list to find 25 things I WILL do in the upcoming months with my friends. I hope they are ready for me! ;) Here is what I have:



1.Go thrift store/antique/garage sale shopping. I do this alot with my friends in the warmer months. It's fun to see what kind of bargains we bring home, or as my husband would say, what kind of crap I can accumulate. ;)

2. Work out together. It's always more fun when you have a buddy to work out with. I hope to hit the bike trails with friends this summer, do some walking, and keep up with my class at the Y.

3. Get manicures/pedicures together. I would say massages, but when doing things with your friends it's nice to be able to chat with them as well.

4. Hit up the mall. For me, I need to make more time to go to the mall with my friends instead of my children! I want to take an entire day to hit as many stores as I can at the Mall of America.

5. Craft. Like I said, I do this all the time with my friends, we scrapbook. But you can always get together and each of you work on your own hobby. We just recently rented a club house and invited about 16 girls to come and enjoy a leisurely day away from home and scrap their hearts out!


6. Travel/Road trip. We are planning a road trip this summer and I can't wait. I think every girl needs to go on a road trip with their friends. The memories you will make will be unforgettable!

7. Bake. Get a few girl friends together. Each of you can bake something different. Split up your batches between the few of you and wah lah, you have treats to snack on, freeze, or share.

8. Movie Night. Either go to the theatre or host movie night at your house. I like to watch movie after movie some nights, so it would be fun to take a Saturday and have a movie marathon, veg out all day/night in comfy clothes with good movies only your girl friends would appreciate.

9. Form a book club. We are in our first month and are having our first meeting on Friday. I'm so excited. But even if you don't form a club, you can read a book along with a friend and see what different views you come up with.


10. Happy Hour. I gotta admit, I'm kinda over the whole bar scene, at least in my home town. Checking out new bars interests me, but I feel like I have other things I should be doing than sitting at the local bar. However, if you can get 1/2 off drinks and appetizers for a few hours and are able to scrounge up some friends to tag along, I would enjoy that.

11. Recipe/Meal swap. Just like "Let's Dish", get together with friends, have everyone prepare a recipe, split it up and everyone gets to try it, take it home,freeze it, whatever. That way you can try new foods, get a good recipe or two, and enjoy time with friends.


12. Game Night. Invite friends over to play cards, board games, pictionary, what every you have on hand. Have good snacks and play for hours. It's a nice option for those of us who have kids, you can stay home or bring them with.

13. Hit the pool/beach. I can't wait for warm weather. I like to meet up with friends and take our kids to the beach together. Although, I am going to make it a priority to get there at some point this summer with just my friends. Lay out, have a cocktail and enjoy the sun alllllll day long!


14. Host a wine/beer tasting at your house. Have all your friends bring a different beverage/wine/beer. Everyone can sample a new drink! Sounds good to me!

15. Pizza night. Get the girls together and make your own pizzas with your favorite toppings. Or order in and watch a movie too.

16. Picnic. I don't think you are ever too old for a picnic. Meet your friends
at a nice outdoor location, have everyone bring something, spread out a blanket and enjoy lunch.

17. Entertainment Swap. Go through all your cds, dvds, games, books, etc. Have your friends do the same. Have everyone over and bring their items. Swap!

18. Home Interior Swap. Same thing as above. Only go through your storage closets/tubs/etc. and pick out the items you don't have a place for or don't like anymore. Have your friends do the same, get together, and swap! My friends and I do this typically before a garage sale and we walk away thinking we scored big and the other person is so very glad to be rid of the object ;)


19. Take a class together. Hit up the community ed classes. Take a cooking class, self defense class, whatever they offer, enjoy it with a friend.

20. Garden. Get some friends together, plant a garden, flowers, or just do some much needed landscaping. Refresh with a fun beverage.


21. Have a back yard bbq. Invite friends over for a grill out. Play some crochet/ladder ball and enjoy the weather.

22. Go to an amusement park. I don't know why, but I have not been to Valley Fair in years. I think it would be fun to go with a bunch of girls and spend the day, it would bring back middle school memories!

23. Host a fondue Party. We did this for New Years and it was fun. Our friends asked us to each bring something and we fondued, marshmallows, strawberries, steak, shrimp, raviolis, veggies, etc. It was beyond good!

24. Have a beauty product testing party. Have each friend bring a new product that they love or want to try, whether it be an eye cream, nail polish, mascara, etc. let everyone try it out. Just another fun reason to get together.


25. Be one of the guys. Hit up a ball game, tailgate, attend a car show, watch a demolition derby, etc. Just plan it so it's all the girls!

Enjoy the girl time!

-Court

No comments:

Post a Comment