Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Alligator, Alligator, Eat em' up, Eat em' up!


Friday March 4, 2011

Well the night has come. It's time for the boys b-ball game and the mini cheerleaders to make their debut. They are way too cute for their own good. All decked out with sparkly stars on their cheeks, jean shorts, matching t-shirts, and ribbons in their hair, just like the real cheerleaders.

Tatumn has asked every night for the past 2 weeks when she gets to cheer. Thursday night finally came and they had their last night of practice. I could tell that Tatumn was nervous, she just kind of watched and didn't do much. That night when I tucked her in bed, she told me she didn't want to do it. I told her there was no need to get nervous, she does dance recitals and arts alive and never gets nervous. I told her if she gets nervous to imagine everyone in their underpants, that brought out a few giggles and she seemed ok with that ;)

Friday night is here and she went to Meya's house before the game, which was probably a good thing. Having Mejara do her hair and get her dressed, left no chance of having a meltdown, which I know she would have had, had I been the one doing it. Ben, Tiff and I got up there and found some seats.

Half time finally came and the girls made it out on the court. Again, they couldn't be any cuter. I will be honest, I didn't think she would do it, I figured she would freeze up. But as the girls were looking around the audience, finding their families and waving, she finally spotted Chad and Mejara, I seen a grin and saw her relax a little, then she spotted Kristi, huge waves and then......she seen us (I didn't tell her Tiff was coming) she was smiling ear to ear. They started cheering and she did it. I was very proud of her!

I love watching these kinds of things. The girls did such a great job and I'm pretty sure made all of us parent's realize to cherish these moments when they are this little because before we know they will be in high school and quite possibly be the "real cheerleaders".

I'm still witnessing cheers take place in my kitchen, car, living room, anywhere really. She tells me she wants to be a cheerleader when she gets old enough. I'm glad she gave it a try, that's all I want from her is to at least experience things. All that nervousness over nothing. After all their shirts said, I've Got Nerve! They sure did!


No comments:

Post a Comment