Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sledding

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Today we had a great day. We started out by having a little Valentine's party at Sunday school. I made Valentines cupcakes and we decorated Valentines crowns. We came home, had lunch and then met up with the Linder crew over at Twin Bluff to do some sledding. This was the first time we had gone sledding there, we usually go out to my mom's or to Sunnyside. But it was a perfect hill. Plus it had huge jumps, added bonus for us parents who found it slightly humorous to send the kids flying off of them. All in good fun though, they were loving it! That day I realized Hunter could fly! ;) Heidi and I decided to climb up the first little hill and then I decided I was going to climb to the very top. Well, lets just say I'm not in very good shape. Oh my gosh, I thought I was going to die. Honest to God, die. I got 3/4 of the way up and here comes Tatumn, cruising right behind me. So we finished the climb together. I flopped on the ground and thought I was going to vomit in the snow. I wasn't joking when I said I was out of shape!! I climbed all that way just for a picture, so Heidi was able to get 2 pictures before my camera died! Do you know how mad I would have been if it was dead when I got up there? haha! Anyway, it was time to go down. I looked down and thought how in the heck are we getting down. I started to get a little panicked. With our snow pants on, we were soooo slippery. You couldn't walk down it because it was too steep and if you sat down, you slid, fast with nothing to grab onto. And there was plenty of trees for me to smash into. I finally had to risk my life, yes I did, I was a brave momma ;) I laid on my back (while my sister roared with laughter, pretty sure I looked like a penguin) and slid down uncontrollably until I wedged enough snow under my boots to prop me for a few seconds. Then I would have Tatumn slide down to me and I would grab her. I barely got her one time, just grabbed her by her little arm. I'm not kidding, it was scary. Almost more scary than trying to get down from the pyramid in Mexico, haha! Well, being that I'm writing this, we obviously made it down, alive! I again flopped around in the snow like a fish out of water until I thought I was going to continue to live after such an excruciating work out ;) We then had hot chocolate, left over cupcakes & brownie bites. The kids slid down a few more times and we hit the road. It was another family affair with a near death experience for a few of us! ;)

That's us way up there. It doesn't look that steep, hence the reason why I climbed up in the first place!


At least she got these two shots, my efforts didn't go unwasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment