Sunday, January 23, 2011

Yes, I'm a Sunday School Teacher


I don't know why this is so hard for some of my friends to believe, but yes I teach little ones, 4 year-olds in particular, about Jesus. It's fun, I did it last year and signed up again. It's really fun getting to know the kids and thoroughly enjoy being called "teacher". Ha! At the end of our bible story each Sunday, I ask some questions that relate to the story. This is by far one of my favorite parts of the day. I get such a kick out kids. You ask them, "Why did Noah build the ark?" and a hand goes up, "My Uncle has a boat!", another hand, "I have an Uncle!", another hand, "My Uncle has a dog!", yet another hand, "My dog's name is Rudy!", again, "I went to a pet store!"........this continues until each one has told me at least 3 personal facts, none of which have anything to do with Noah or his ark. But that is the fun of working with 4 year-olds! They are super cute and obviously have a lot to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment