Monday, January 17, 2011

The Pink Drink

January 17, 2010




Snack time rolls around my house way too fast. I barely get lunch figured out and I feel like the kids are walking through the door and it's now snack time. Obviously that is not how it really is, it's just the fact that I've run out of ideas for meals and snacks that I've begun to dread meal time. I find myself tossing the kids a cosmic brownie or pack of gushers, knowing full well that it's neither healthy nor filling. So I've decided that our house needs a junk food over haul. Today I went to the store and stocked up on tons of nutritious snacks and meals.

Today when the kids got home from school I was prepared and had the stuff to make a healthy, fun snack! We made these fun drinks called Pink Drinks. Tatumn and I found them in her American Girl magazine. They were really simple to make, it was just a matter of having healthy ingredients on hand. We are excited to share the recipe, Enjoy!




Pink Drinks
1. To make the pink layer, measure 1 cup raspberry sherbet, 1/2 cup frozen strawberry slices, and 1/4 cup milk into a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into two glasses so that each glass is half full. Rinse the blender.

2. To make the white layer, combine 1 cup apple juice, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, and a banana in the blender. Blend until smooth. Pour on top of pink layer in each glass.

3. Put a spoonful or two of strawberry-flavored whipped topping on top of each drink. Add sprinkles and a straw to each!

(I substituted the apple juice with skim milk and the strawberry-flavored whipped topping with fat free whipped cream.)

Enjoy!
-Court

No comments:

Post a Comment