Thursday, January 20, 2011

dancing to a differant beat!

January 19, 2011







Tonight was dance night. Tatumn started dance when she was 3 years old and has been enjoying it since. She takes tap, ballet & jazz. She is always dancing around the house and forcing her friends and daycare kids into dance acts. She's very lucky that she has a good friend and her cousin in the same class as well. Makes it even more fun!

Tatumn has always been a shy, reserved kid who doesn't like attention drawn to her. I thank dance for her bursting that bubble. She has been in 3 recitals and is doing her 2nd Arts Alive Performance. I love watching her on stage, although I must admit I get sick to my stomach over Arts Alive. I hate to even watch! I guess I just get nervous for her, real nice, huh? ;)

On the other hand I could watch dance recitals all year long! I absolutely love them! It's so fun to see what their costumes are and to hear the song selections. This year my little lady is going to be a cowgirl! Yee-haw! She's pumped! Me too! I'm most excited to see my hubby dance along with her in his first and definitely not last, father-daughter dance! I'm so excited! I'll probably cry, even though it's not a sappy dance, it's just so cute!

Until June though, we need to practice, practice, practice. So Wednesday nights are strictly reserved for dance! So happy she loves going! Hoping she'll continue at least until she graduates highschool. I'm always amazed at the older girls and wish I could have one bit of coordination that they have, but even if I had 15 years of dance, pretty sure I'd still be a lost cause! ;)

-Court

No comments:

Post a Comment